10k Run to support Allergy UK

Yes, I did it!


So, today I successfully completed a 10k run called Run To The Beat at Wembley Park to raise money to support a charity close to my heart called Allergy UK. Actually, it's the first time I've ever done a 10K run!


As soon as I got to Wembley Park, there was an amazing atmosphere. There was music, people were friendly - and it was so interesting to learn all the different reasons why people wanted to take part in the run and who they were doing it for. I met people that was running because they have severe allergies and the wanted to create awareness for Allergy UK. I met people whose family members have passed away and they wanted to support their chosen charity in their memory. I met a man that works for a charity that helps mentor young people and he wanted to raise money and create awareness for his work. It was very interesting and sometimes emotional hearing their stories.
Some of the Allergy UK runners and supporters
Ok...I don't think I realised how far 10k actually is in real life until I started passing landmarks that I usually drive by. And honestly...I really didn't realise how many hills there are in Wembley. But I couldn't be happier that I completed the journey, I've accomplished something that I probably didn't think I could do and I raised some money for charity.



I just have to say that Julia, the Fundraising Manager from Allergy UK has been so supportive. There has been times when I was struggling to find ways to raise money, she was always helpful giving me ideas how to raise money. Julia gave me the confidence and motivation to train for the 10K run even though I'm not a runner and I doubted myself at times, and because of Julia, I will be getting involved in raising more money for Allergy UK.

It's all smiles from my partner in crime






Comments