5 minutes with... vegan pudding creator - Lucy Wager




Getting to know Pudology



In celebration of Veganuary month we are taking the opportunity to have chat with some of the most inspiring people in the UK, helping to make life that little bit tastier for vegans and people with allergies. Today, we get to meet the vegan pudding creator, Lucy Wager. Lucy started Pudology in 2010 after discovering she had a dairy and egg intolerance. I discovered Pudology last year, because I'm always looking for vegan, dairy free, nut free and egg free desserts because my son is allergic to eggs, dairy and nuts. So, since discovering Pudology in 2015, we are both hooked!






1. We are big fans of Pudology because you’ve helped to make people realise that vegan and dairy free food can be enjoyable and tasty and we’d love to know what inspired you to start Pudology?



I've always worked within the food industry and worked as Food Product Developer for Marks & Spencer’s for many years. I'd gone on a work trip to India and was food poisoned and after that, I couldn’t tolerate eating dairy or eggs.




It was around five years  that I couldn't have dairy or eggs  without becoming ill, so overnight my diet completely changed. It opened my eyes to what people with allergies or restrictive diets were experiencing.

It was a really tough decision, but I decided to leave London and the food industry and moved into recruitment.  But It wasn't long before I started to miss the food industry and began making egg free and dairy free  meals and desserts for myself. I then put my "Food Product Developer" hat on and realised there was  gap in the market for people looking for delicious dairy free, egg free and gluten free desserts, so I started working on Pudulogy full-time from January 2012.





2. What distinguishes Pudology from other vegan and dairy free dessert brands?


I don’t believe there is any other dessert out there that truly fits the indulgent desires of people that have  dairy or egg allergies. Pudology helps to fill that gap.






3. The Banoffee pud is my son’s favourite, so we’d love to know how do you come up with new dessert ideas?


I'm always on the look out for fresh ideas to keep the product category evolving and constantly listening to our customers.



4. What’s your most exciting new dessert?


Definitely the Banoffee Pud because it pushed the boundaries. I wanted to create a new tasty dessert  that didn’t include chocolate. Which opens up a whole new door for people with dietary restrictions.


5. Can you share any tips for starting and running successful businesses?


  • Acknowledge the challenge and keep going – its harder than you  can dream of in the beginning
  • Keep the passion – Always remember why you’ve started your business.



6. Where will Pudology be 12 months from now?


We are currently exploring a microwavable hot dessert range for 2016, so you'll have to watch this space. In addition,  we are looking at ways  of becoming an international brand, so people outside of the UK will get to enjoy indulgent dairy free, egg free and gluten free desserts too.


It was great getting to know a little bit more about Pudology. For anyone wanting to find out more information about this tasty free from dessert range:
 

Visit website


Follow on Twitter


Like their Facebook page


Follow their Instagram page




Comments