Top 3 Tips - organising a allergy free birthday party

Organising a birthday party around food allergies


It was my son's 6th birthday party on the weekend and any parent who has a child suffering from allergies knows how stressful it can be. My son has a serious allergy to egg and nuts and an intolerance to dairy products. So traditional cakes and chocolate treats are all off limits. Luckily with the number of freefrom alternatives now available within the marketplace, I can assure you, organising my sons party was not as stressful as I thought it would be. Anyway, here are my Top 3 Tips for organising your allergy free birthday party making sure everyone can eat.




The cake - this was the most daunting task, my son has never had his own birthday cake which always makes me feel really guilty,(I know he completely understands). I discovered Eggfree Cake Box, who launched in 2008, and are a franchise selling eggfree cakes on demand. There is a shop near to where I live, but there are 33 shops operating all over the UK.  I called them up last Monday to order some eggfree cupcakes and the staff were extremely helpful and knowledge.  I collected the cakes  on the Saturday and the cupcakes went down really well. The kids and adults loved them and no one could tell the difference. For any parent based in the UK looking for egg free cake suppliers, Eggfee Cake Box is worth considering.

Treats & Snacks - there are so many things you can buy without chocolate, this didn't worry me at all. Always visit Goodness Direct or try Free From Kids  to find kids snacks. The other approach I took was to  make sure the birthday treats were healthy as well as tasty. 

Relax and Enjoy yourself -  Make sure your child is wearing their allergy bracelet, so all the adults are aware of their allergies, this will help your stress levels. And try not to let your child feel your anxiety, just enjoy yourself. My son had a fabulous time and was more worried about loosing birthday games than the type of food he could eat. 

If you have any birthday organising tips, please share them with us or share this post someone who may find it useful.

xxx

Comments