Do you want to know one of the easiest ways to intake your fruit a veg??

I struggle daily with eating 5 or 7 portions of fruit and vegetables every day...I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one! But I do try my best to eat my way to a healthier lifestyle

So what do I do I hear you ask???

I make smoothies!

There are loads of smoothie recipe books on the market that you can buy, the one that I have at home is Jason Vale's Juice Master. This book is great for ideas of juicing fruit and veg and making smoothies too, the best part of the book is the back pages - Jason explains the benefits of each of the fruit and vegetables and why it is good for you....this is something that I found so useful because I've learnt to intake fruit and vegetables that I might not usually eat in my daily diet. 


By the way, you really don't need a recipe book, you can experiment with all your favourite fruits and vegetables. I started with the 'safer options' such as strawberry and banana then experimented with cucumber, spinach, kale, strawberries, fresh mint, flax seeds, whey protein, dairy free milk, juice, grapes, blueberries ( not all at the same time mind you lol ) 

Here is a couple of examples of what i've made at home:

The first one contains:

  • Strawberries
  • Blueberries
  • Whey Protein
  • Alpro Coconut Dairy Free milk



Blend Active Blender

Strawberry banana blueberries and dairy free coconut milk
The second one contains:
  • Pineapples
  • Kiwi
  • banana 
  • Strawberries
  • Mango
  • Pineapple and Coconut juice

My final one contains:

  • Cucumber
  • Spinach
  • Mint
  • Pineapple and Coconut juice 


Green smoothie - yum
I mix fresh and frozen fruit and vegetables. These are the reasons I do this:

  • I do like fresh fruit and vegetables so whatever I eat I can use in my smoothies too
  • If you buy good frozen fruit then it's blast frozen so it keeps all of it's nutrients
  • Frozen fruit and vegetables can control wastage so you're not throwing food away
  • Frozen fruit and vegetable is always there in the freezer so there is no reason for you not to have a healthy smoothie!
I'm sure a lot of you guys are experts in making smoothie but I hope you enjoyed reading my journey with increasing more fruit and vegetables in my diet.




Comments